Pages

Thursday, August 23, 2012

New Life

So...I think I'd forgotten that this blog even existed. That is, until I checked it this morning and discovered that I haven't posted anything since December 2010...yikes.

Tom and I certainly haven't stopped going to restaurants; in fact, we go out more now than we did when I was writing regularly, thanks to Groupons and such. We're still in Louisville, which is a great city for dining out. We've had some great culinary experiences here, and I hate the idea of not getting to share them just because the experience may not have been centered around a special occasion. But life is not just the special occasions, is it? Of course not; it's the day-to-day! So I hereby declare this blog to be a true chronicle of "a life in meals" from this day forward!

[insert breath of fresh air here]

With a new format comes a few new features: 1) There's now a tab near the top of the page, entitled "The List." There you'll find a fairly extensive list of Louisville restaurants, with star ratings for the ones we've actually tried and dates next to the places I've already written about. Call it a bucket list, of sorts. 2) Tom will be getting in on the action and writing some posts too!

As we work through the list, we'll post about either a new place we've just visited or an old place we haven't described yet. We both love to write, and we've both been wanting to do more of it, so we're killing two birds with one stone because this is also something fun we can do together!

I also should mention: If you live in or have visited the Louisville area and somehow stumbled across this blog, I would love to hear your suggestions for places that aren't currently on the list. We're always looking for new places to try!

And away we go!